Sunday, June 17, 2007

Saturday

Saturday, June 16, 2007 – en route to Seoul via Tokyo
On Saturday we woke up, rather early, and I watched some more of the U.S. Open from our hotel room in Tokyo before we went down for breakfast. I know they attempted to westernize it, which I appreciate, but it was interesting to say the least. It was a buffet and the eggs were a little undone, but the bacon was the strange thing. It was like they thawed it in the microwave and then served it… strange. They had fish, seaweed, rice, etc… which we tried a little of each. We then left for the airport.

Northwest must have contracted with Korean Airlines because we were flying them for our trip to Seoul. We were upgraded to “Prestige” status for our flight. That meant we got to go to the VIP lounge for a couple hours and partake in all the frills. The better part was that we were in the Prestige (Business Class) section of the airplane. They had some BEAUTIFUL seats that reclined into a fully horizontal position and your own TV screen. I couldn’t even touch the seat in front of me in the seated position if I tried. It was great, unfortunately the flight was only 3 hours. We got our first real Korean meal, which was interesting.

We landed in Seoul and then proceeded to change some money and find the bus for our hotel. We arrived, checked into our nice (but not cheap) room and relaxed and then went to bed. Overall a harmless day. It is strange to be the racial minority. It isn’t even worth trying to fit in like in Europe. Mainly because I’m a foot taller than everybody else. I guess I know how Liam feels in Burlington. So long for now.

No comments: