Monday, May 12, 2008

My Garden (Year 2)

So I'm in year two of my massive garden that was here when we moved in. Last year I made a couple errors. First, I left three times for over a week and the weeds KILLED me! Second, I planted 24 tomato plants in a very small area which led to 7,000 tomatoes. I think I had at least 1000 rot on the vine because it snowed so early. Well, this year I am a little better planned out and I took a gamble this weekend by planting half the garden (I'm going in two phases this year to hopefully stagger production). I know the seeds will be OK so if it happens to freeze, and it probably will, I will only lose the couple seedlings I planted. Here are some photos... we will see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ours is not nearly as organized nor as big. I really wasn't prepared to have the garden this year, but B was all hot to go. Here's to lots of fresh veggies for both of us!!

Speaking of which, (this is barely related, but the talk about the garden made me think of one or two of their songs), I can't remember if you and Cathy liked The Divers or not. They have another album out (making the total 4 now) and it's pretty good. Let me know if you'd like a sampling.