Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Legoland

On most vacations where we don't go anywhere we end up piddling our time away doing a lot of what most people call nothing. I sometimes like it that way and I can catch up on my sleep, play some basketball, and enjoy some longer workouts. Cathy, on the other hand, thinks that if I don't get a home improvment project done (many to do) or we have some event vacation has been lost. So today we went to Legoland at the Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL. We left at 9 AM and got there about 10:30 AM since they opened at 10 AM. What we did not know was that everyone within a four state area would be there too. That led to us having to wait outside (and no, I didn't have my long underwear on) for 2.5 hours! I know, we are nuts. Once we did get inside at 1 PM we had a very good time. Liam was on stimulation overload, but he had a good time. By the way, I ALSO started moving the mirror and light in the bathroom yesterday so that the top of the mirror isn't at my midsection. I know, both criteria being met for a successful vacation!

Liam in front of the store... after 2 hrs. he is coooold.

Chicago scene

Navy Pier

Liam & Owen inside the Lion

Building

Owen with the big blocks

Liam driving his car down the ramp (now he wants one in his bedroom)

No comments: