Friday, January 16, 2009

Cold & Flu Season

It has been the cold and flu season here in B-town. First of all, it has become bitterly cold, so cold that yesterday and today we did not have school. Temperatures hovered (with wind chill) somewhere between -20 and -40 degrees. Liam still did manage to get his snow suit on and go outside today. We even had to tell him to put socks on in his boot. He is one little human heater. No school was fine with me because on Wednesday night I came home from school after a meeting and starting barfing all over the place (figure of speech - I made it to the bathroom). After about a half dozen more trips I seemed to be OK after 24 hours. It has taken another 24 hours or so to feel better, but I am. Whew! I probably would have sucked it up enough today to go to school but Thursday would have definitely been my second ever missed day of school. We are going to venture out tonight to a little gathering, we will see how that goes. Stay warm!

No comments: