Saturday, October 20, 2007

My Garden

When we bought our house there was an enormous, two-tiered garden in the back. It is probably 40 ft by 40 ft or so. This year I decided to grow some things, mainly cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplant, cabbage, peppers, and peas. I also have a pretty extensive herb garden in pots, but it would spread too much in the garden. Well, since it is so big, I bought a lot of tomatoes: 24 plants. I didn't realize how many tomatoes 24 plants would produce, but it is a lot. The first time I picked, pictures below, I picked two 5 gallon buckets worth of Roma tomatoes. I bet that over the summer we picked 5 or 6 times that much. Next year I will be a little more judicious in what I plant.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're planning to start a garden next year. I'm a little worried that we'll either not get anything (I am still trying to figure out growing things in the Texas heat) or we'll wind up with a harvest like yours. That's insane! I bet the people at school and church were loving you guys. ;)