Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Musings

Sorry it has been a while, too much has been going on to make a new post for everything so I thought that I would highlight some happenings here at the Chateau.

Call
If you haven't already heard, I received a Call to St. Lucas Lutheran School in Milwaukee, WI on November 1st. They are asking me to serve as the Director of Christian Education (principal). It is a school of about 125 students plus preschool and daycare. It is located on the south side of Milwaukee near the lake. It has been an interesting deliberation so far and I'll keep you updated on whether or not the Chateau will be moving. There website is not good, but you can check it out if you like: http://www.saintlucas.org/.

Packer Game
My cousin, James, flew out from Lincoln, NE this past weekend for a little rest (not really) and relaxation. We had a pretty good time. My cousin, Heather, who is in Milwaukee this semester came down for Friday and Saturday. We introduced her to a culinary delicacy that you can't go without: Hooter's wings. James and I had planned on taking our annual trip to a football game so we traveled up to Lambeau Field to take in a Packer game. In the past we easily scalped tickets but not so on this day. The Vikings + a 60 degree day + Milwaukee season ticket holders + the 7-1 Packers all led to us only seeing two tickets for $500. A little out of our price range. That was a bummer, but we had a good time. We found a guy in the parking lot with a TV in his converted ambulance, now called the "Lambeaulance". Packer fans are smart too. We watched the game there for a while and then went back to the car and listened on the radio as we sat in the parking lot. Seems to many like a lost weekend and I felt bad, but it was a good time.




Liam & Owen
Liam and Owen are doing well. Liam is enjoying school and Owen is getting ready to walk one of these days. I've included a couple of pictures below.

No comments: