Monday, December 17, 2007

Agony & Ecstasy

As most of you probably know, I have had a Call to St. Lucas Lutheran School in Milwaukee for the past 6+ weeks. It has been an exercise in not eating or sleeping, although I did manage to lose 15 lbs. in the ordeal. It was a tough decision, one based on trying to figure out where I am going professionally and what was best for our family. It kind of depended on what day you asked me on where I was going. Two or three self-imposed decision deadlines came and went and I still couldn't make up my mind. One school of thought is if you can't make up your mind you should stay where you are, but that didn't seem to fit. I had used that before with a Call to Salem, OR, but just didn't feel right about it. I went and visited to see if that would clear things up, but it really didn't. So I told people my announcement would come today so that I couldn't back out of it.

Well, last night when I went to bed I was 80% sure I was going to be making a move, but when I woke up this morning (and through the night as I didn't sleep much) I had decided to stay at St. John's. Everyone here was happy, although calling St. Lucas wasn't a fun task.

We will see if it turns out to be the right decision, but at least I will be able to sleep now. Got a free drink out of my faculty after school today anyway.

No comments: