Monday, September 21, 2009

Bees

This morning on my way to school I stopped to get gas. There were a lot of those slow, sluggish bees hanging around the pump. After I got into the car and pulled away I was about to get on the interstate and as I was turning the corner and accelerating I felt this searing pain on my neck. I quickly smacked the area pushing a bee off of my neck. I heard it hit the steering wheel, but mind you it is dark, and that was it. So now I'm trying to get on the interstate, change lanes, and am dealing with this pain in my neck all the while wondering if a live bee fell between my legs. It took about 15 minutes before I stopped worrying about getting stung in the inner thigh (or worse). I arrived at school, walked into the building only to find the LIVE BEE clinging to my pants leg! Ahhh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That would scare the heck out of me. This reminds me of a story from a friend of taking a early morning walk wearing black, and 50 bees or so swarmed her and climbed into her pants because their nest was disturbed, and they were seeking refuge. It was frightful.
Anyway, you have a sweet blog. I found it through Neo counter! Have a great day!

Cousin James said...

I HATE BEES, I would have died because I would have swerved into oncoming traffic or off a cliff.